Have a super historic moment here as part of the top attractions in dubai fort tour where you will be able to get up close and personal with their history.
Come along on this extensive 2.5 hour excursion that includes a visit to the Khasab Fort as you enjoy the introduction to Khasab and the Musandam Peninsula.
The Khasab Fort is a stronghold that was built in the 17th century by the Portuguese, who were seeking dominion over the maritime trade in the Strait of Hormuz and protection against attacks from the sea. Teak wood from India was used in its construction and the roof was crafted from a mix of palm leaves and clay. . The structure you see today is the result of extensive restoration work carried out in the late 20th century. You can enjoy some incredible views of the area from the fort.
- Admire Omani handicrafts at the fort’s museum
- Marvel at the prehistoric rock paintings at Wadi Tawi
- Explore the Khasab Fort, built by the Portuguese in the 17th century
- Fort entrance fee
- Return shared transfers
- UAE exit fee and Oman visa
- Shared tour
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Half day Khasab city tour as per itinerary